Oatmeal is definitely a staple in my house (apartment?). I love that you can add so much to it and make it a really delicious and filling meal. Baked oatmeal is a great idea to make ahead of time and eat as a quick breakfast in the mornings.
Here is what you will need for Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal:
- 2 Cups Old Fashion Oats
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon + additional for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Egg – Beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Milk (I used 2%)
- 3/4 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Banana – Sliced
- Begin by tossing together the oats and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add in honey and coat evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients – beaten egg, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. When mixed thoroughly, add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries and spread into a baking dish or pie pan.
- Place sliced bananas on top and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
And there you have it, Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal!
This is best eaten warm, so if you make it to eat throughout the week, be sure to pop it in the microwave before enjoying. I like to put little smear of peanut butter or almond butter on top and then microwave it. It’s also yummy with a drizzle of honey or crumbled over vanilla greek yogurt.
If you want to change this recipe up a little bit, try adding chia seeds or flax seeds to the batter. You could also try out some other berries in it like raspberries or blackberries.
I used to make baked oatmeal in a mini muffin tin so that it is even easier to grab and go in the mornings.
However you choose to make it, I hope you enjoy!