As promised from last week’s post, I am sharing the Cajun Shrimp Couscous recipe today! I will also try to put up the recipe for the fish tacos later this week 🙂
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small White Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Couscous (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 lb. Peeled Shrimp
- 2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Chop onion and garlic and sauté in skillet until the onion becomes translucent.
- Halve tomatoes and chop asparagus into bite-sized pieces, then add them to the skillet and sauté until asparagus is tender.
- In a separate saucepan, heat vegetable broth to boiling then add in uncooked couscous. Immediately after adding couscous to the broth, remove from heat and cover. Wait about 15 minutes and then fluff couscous with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp of butter in another skillet. Prepare the shrimp by coating in Cajun seasoning and then adding to the pan (Depending on preference, add more or less than 2 tsp. Cajun spice). Sauté shrimp on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- When shrimp is fully cooked, remove from heat and top with lemon juice.
- Finally, combine couscous, vegetables, and shrimp in a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I hope you enjoy this summer-inspired meal with some warm weather this week!