We live in a very busy world. There is always work, school, family, or something else demanding our attention. With so much going on, it can be hard to make time for our health. Fortunately, there are many little things that can be done each day to get our bodies moving a little more or eating a little better. I encourage anyone and everyone to pick up a few of these habits 🙂
1. Park Farther Away: No matter where we go, we search for the closest parking spot available. That’s logical for bad whether or if you are really in a time crunch, but otherwise, just try parking your car a little further away. If this becomes a regular habit, it gets you taking many more steps throughout the day or over a week. Of course, it’s not a replacement for exercise, but it is a good way to get your body up and moving a little more.
2. Switch One Drink to Water: Many of us know that we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day. For some this comes easy, but for others, it is simply not realistic. I would suggest swapping out one normal drink with water each day. If you have several cups of coffee in the morning, juice with breakfast, or maybe iced tea or pop/soda throughout the day, replace one drink with water. Start small and then incorporate more water as you go.
3. Use Smaller Plates: This is such a small and simple trick that can really go a long way. By using smaller plates and bowls, we appear to have more food. It can also save us from over-serving ourselves when getting the food. Our eyes tend to be bigger than our stomachs, so try out this idea for controlling portions.
4. Pack Your Leftovers: Instead of sitting there picking at leftover dinner just because it’s there, pack them up and put them away immediately. I would also keep your serving area and dinning area separate. Maybe leave dinner on the stove and then go sit down at the table to eat. When the food is not staring you in the face, you are less likely to continue picking when you’re not even hungry.
5. Just Go To Bed: Nighttime is often our opportunity to unwind and do some of favorite activities. We can let go of our stress from the day and take the time to do what we actually want to do. Just don’t do that for too long! Remember that getting an adequate amount of sleep does wonders for a mind and body. So know when it’s time to turn in. As much as I like to stay up to watch Jimmy Fallon, I know sometimes that my body just needs the sleep.
So there you have it, very small and manageable practices for living a more healthy lifestyle. I would love to hear any tips or tricks you guys do to keep your bodies healthy! Please leave a comment below to share 🙂 Thanks for reading!