Overnight oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts. It is very simple to put together the night before and then requires zero effort the next morning. I usually just throw together random things and see how it turns out, but I made an actual recipe this time 🙂
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashion Oats
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Chai Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon + 1/8 tsp. for Garnish
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 Medium-sized Apple (diced)
- 1 Tsp. Almonds (sliced or chopped)
[The night before]
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except for the chopped almonds and 1/8 tsp. of cinnamon. Mix together just slightly. The consistency should be somewhat watery.
- Cover the oats and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.
[The next morning]
- Remove the oats from the refrigerator and top with almonds and additional cinnamon. The consistency should now be more solidified and gel-like (the oats and chai seeds should absorb all of the moisture overnight).
- If desired, put the oats in the microwave for about 1 minute, or just enjoy cold.
In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with overnight oats. Throw in some peanut butter, chocolate chips, raisins, whatever you like! Try it with bananas or berries instead of apples. The possibilities are endless. As long as you have enough oats and chai seeds to absorb the moisture, you should be good to go.