Since the warm weather is finally coming, I thought I would share a good summertime recipe today. I have made this fruit salsa plenty of times, and it is always a big hit! I serve it with homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips (while I usually make these myself, Stacy’s also has very good pita chips that you can find in stores).
Fruit Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 Medium Sized Apples (Honeycrisp or Gala)
- 6 Large Strawberries
- 2 Kiwi Fruits
- 6 oz. Fresh Raspberries
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Wash and dry all fruit.
- Remove skin and core from apples, then dice.
- Hull strawberries and dice.
- Peel kiwi and dice.
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl, add 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the salsa to sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips Ingredients:
- 6 Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Sugar or Sugar substitute
- Lay pitas on a flat surface and lightly mist with cooking spray.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Evenly shake the mixture over all 6 pitas.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the pitas into small triangles.
- Lay the chips evenly onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until chips become golden brown in color.
The salsa should serve 8 people and will last in the refrigerator for several days.
Enjoy this yummy summer recipe! 🙂